Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Banana's

Okay, maybe it is the bargain huntress in me. Or maybe I am cheap but yesterday when I saw almost over ripe banana's on clearance (I am talking less than 5 cents a lb!) I couldn't help myself. The whole time I was thinking, "Oh, my husband LOVES banana bread." So, the grocery trip meant only for green chilies and tortillas ended with um...a few more items in my basket. Back off, Raisin Bran and mini wheats were on sale! (They are favorites around these parts)...

Anywho, long story short I have over 15 CUPS of mashed banana's currently freezing in my freezer. (Nevermind the fact that my freezer already has to be taped shut- I have this phobia that people might leave the dinner table hungry. I blame my mom. I get it from her!)

As you can guess, we will be eating banana everything. The only problem is I that I have a VERY limited supply of banana recipes. So, I am begging- hook me up with your favorite recipe that uses bananas. Preferably recipes that use A LOT of bananas.

Oh, side notes:
1) Jordan and I found out that we have been preapproved for a home loan!!!!!
2) Some of the individuals I work with are crazy. FLAT OUT BANANAS (hahaha...get the theme?) . One of the downsides of my job is I can't talk about my "clientele"... To sum it up the Sheriff was involved. Yup... it was an interesting day.

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! I just had to buy a bunch for a Seminary Breakfast tomorrow. I didn't get them cheap!

    ReplyDelete