Friday, February 27, 2009

Kaitlyn, The Seizing...

Hamster? Yes, Hamster. My hamster has seizures. I was not aware, until this morning, that hamsters can have seizures. I guess if I had ever stopped to think about it I would have figured out that it was possible. I mean people have seizures, cats and dogs have seizures, why not hamsters?

Working in a Special Education classroom I am mentally prepared to deal with students seizing. I get it- it is part of my job. But to have one of your class pets up and seize in your hand, that is just scary!

Thankfully, Kaitlyn is okay. After about 5 minutes of me hyperventilating and my students freaking out she snapped out of it and promptly pooped on a student's paper. The boy asked, "Did her seizure make her poop?"

Of course, my class being what it is one of my students asked another one of my students that suffers from epilepsy, "Do you poop when you have seizures?" I just shook my head but the sweet little boy responded, " I did once!" Thankfully the bell rang or I can only imagine what might have been asked or said.

Ah, the life of a teacher. You really never know what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment