Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm Posting

So, my lovely wife has been bothering me because I don't post enough. "You don't even read our blog do you?!" yeah. So today I am posting. What about? I might as well update you all to this very second in my life. I was just reading about sumps. What are sumps? Good question, one I had asked myself and have been researching for the last few hours. I will save you the trouble of typing "What is an aquarium sump?" into Google by telling you what I learned. A sump is essentially a tank beneath your display tank. You then have your display tank overflow into a tube that runs down into the sump. Inside the sump you place your heater, filter and protein skimmer, as well as a pump to run the water back up to the display tank. This way the equipment isn't showing in your display tank. You can also use some of the space in your sump as a Refugium, which is a fancy way to say a place you let things grow where they won't get eaten. Things to grow there would be shrimp or crabs that you would let get bigger and propagate so that you can then feed it to the fish in the display tank. Any further questions? Here is a link to the articles I read. So I do post. Occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment