Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You have got to be kidding me...

At work I recently had a co-worker tell me about how she and her husband want to take a week off for a special health related get-away. What is this far off land and what kind of exciting adventures lie on the horizon for them? A big fat ENEMA, only the trendy word for it is Colon Cleansing. Isn't that an oxymoron? There is no such thing as a clean colon. Colon is almost a synonym for dirty. Even a week long enema isn't going to make that thing smell like roses.

Not wanting to be unfair and go off my gut reaction to this, I did a little research. What are the main arguments for Colon Cleansing? It will clean your body of toxins (which toxins?) and will remove years of accumulated fecal matter from your gastro-intestinal tract. That one made me think. If we are accumulating all this fecal matter, why can people in their 40s and 50s poop with no problem never having undergone this procedure? Shouldn't they be stopped up with fecal build up?

Several testimonials say that once the process is complete you feel light and carefree. I think anyone would feel great once a week long enema is over.

Remember kids. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

4 comments:

  1. You just make me laugh and don't think I will have a cleansing. I can think of a lot better things to do on a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I should have said grandma/ mom is me carolyn but I think you know that. I just love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, you were right. Friends are overrated when you have sisters. I almost peed my pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hope they don't bring pictures back from that vacation! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete