Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Everything is better with bacon...

Don't believe me? Try it. I can't think of anything that isn't improved by a little bit of bacon. I even have a bacon ice cream recipe!!! World's best toast? After frying your bacon, throw some bread into the grease and let sit until browned. As Rachel Ray would say "yum-o!"

Well, in the spirit of "everything is better with bacon", Sunday I set out to use some of the stuff in my freezer. Result? Bacon wrapped roasted chicken. Let me repeat myself, bacon wrapped roasted chicken. Do I really need to elaborate? It was SOOO good and sooo moist. It probably isn't Weight Watcher's approved but dang!


These pictures do not even come close to doing it justice...


The bird waiting for the oven

.


The bird out of the oven...right before it was devoured.


So, tonight we are having carnitas with homemade tomatillo salsa. YUM! I have yet to get the hang of cooking for two so if you are ever in the neighborhood come on over for dinner. There is always extra...

3 comments:

  1. Bacon ice cream... That is just nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I'm hungry for chicken now. I agree with Miss Miquela...bacon icecream...that's just wrong!!!!

    ReplyDelete