Friday, January 16, 2009

Swedish Jerks

OK, raise of hands, who has gone to IKEA? I am usually satisfied by their prefabricated mass produced furniture. Like our table. We love our table. When I needed a desk that was a little less of a hand-me-down than the last one I... um... scavenged; so, we went to IKEA. There were some desks for $200, some for $160 and $75. and then the complete do-it-yourself (design and all) for $40. It in and of itself works very well. 4 Legs and a black table top very conveniently sized for our office. To make it more computer friendly, we went ahead and bought their keyboard drawer. All went fine till I noticed something very different between America and Sweden. That the Swede's definition of "anchor" is a little more lax than our own. Don't believe me? Take a gander ladies and gentlemen:



Alright, so I may not have the most expensive level ever, But I am pretty sure that this one isn't that far off. If you click on the photos you can see an enlarged version and will notice that I have outlined the offending pansy anchors in red.


Well, it looks like I'll be heading to the hardware store to pick up some expanding anchors to correct this issue. I really can't even begin to express to you all how thoroughly disappointed I was with the lack of quality I found in these parts. Damn penny-pinching Swedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment